In this segment I’ll be including my favourite books from over the years.
I started the Favourite Showcase on my instagram account and thought I could actually go into more detail as to why certain books are my favourite on this blog.
As with my reviews, the favourite showcase is tailored to how I read and the following shows the structure you’ll see in a favourite showcase.
- The summary of the book = It may be a story you already know or it may be a book you have never heard of. Including a summary allows you to get a sense of the book as well as reminding me what happened in the book (if I have not recently re-read it.)
- Age when I first read it = I find it important the age I was when I read certain books and how my mind at that time constructed a view or opinion based off the life I had lived thus far.
- Importance = This ties in with the above but a lot of my favourite showcases are favourites because they impacted my life in a certain way that makes them hard to be forgotten. I either changed or leaned from what I read and that to me, marks it as important.
- What was learnt = I always learn something when I read a book and I find that exciting. Some of my favourite showcases have been favourites for over a decade and I can still remember what I first thought and what I first leaned when reading it for the first time. It’s fun to go back and write those first thoughts and see how I’ve changed over the years.
- Reading as an adult = Picking back from number 4, re-reading favourites as an adult has changed the way I view the stories and things that I once loved have now become clearer and harder to digest. Equally, things that I completely missed when reading the first time, have come to light when reading as an adult and given me a new understanding of the story.
- Overall rating = This one is pretty self explanatory. Taking everything into consideration, I rate the book out of 10.